Home of the web’s best political conversation
Why not relax, and converse into the night on the day’s events in PB NightHawks.
If you’ve always been a lurker, you’re on the Edge of Heaven, why not enter heaven tonight and delurk.
The round up of recent events (click on the links below, and it will bring up the relevant story)
- Tories win over Generation Y while losing touch with older voters, David Cameron’s stress on individual responsibility plus a firm approach on welfare resonates with under-33s
- David Cameron should say to Tories thinking of replacing him, I’m your man, for the 2015 election, see this polling analysis from Peter Kellner
- YouGov ask the greatest polling question of all time, they combines four of my favourite things, Amy Pond, Star Trek, James Bond and Scottish Independence, no really they do.
- Freedom, and the cause of Scottish Independence takes a hit tomorrow, as tomorrow is the 707th anniversary of the shellacking the English gave Robert the Bruce at the Battle of Methven
- Hillary Clinton today gets, Everything She Wants, for her campaign to be President in 2016 , with a first declaration of support from a sitting US senator
- Today is the forty-third anniversary of the 1970 General Election
- Losing to Germany in a World Cup match does have it upsides, as England losing to Germany was blamed for Labour’s defeat in 1970.
- The G8, Obama, and Syria: Why Putin came out on top
- A good interview with one of the Tory Young Guns, Jacob Rees-Mogg
- Ed Miliband needs to hold out against EU referendum, He would be betting the ranch on an issue which is not of primary concern to the electorate
- If Miliband is serious about tackling low pay, he needs to embrace the unions
- Unison set out their expectations for a Labour government
- Whilst the leader of Unison personalises the welfare debate, and goes after one woman in particular, accusing her of ‘having babies to get state handouts’
- To Eurosceptics, Ken Clarke and David Cameron are bad boys, because Ken Clarke writes “The Thatcherite case for staying in the EU“, Whilst Dave says Britain could lose out from trade deal if we pull out of EU
- Cyprus president calls for bailout overhaul to save economy
- Ukip In Donside By-Election Gaffe After Sending Leaflet To Late MSP Brian Adam
- Museum of Science and Industry ‘saved’
- Expect scorching hot summers for the next ten years, Run of wet summers could last another 10 years, Britain has a higher chance of wet summers for up to the next ten years, the Met Office has predicted, after a new weather pattern was identified in the North Atlantic
- One for conspiracy theorists, the Mayor of Watford had to sign the official secrets act because of the Bilderberg meeting.
- Whitby Labour Councillor fathers child with alien queen – his wife is “unhappy”